Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dimsum In Ongpin


Before going to the boxing gym, I met up my friend at her workplace and I wanted something hot to eat like arroz caldo or chicken mami. So, I drove back to Sta. Cruz for breakfast at Ambos Mundos. Sadly, the restaurant was still closed at 7 a.m.
            We agreed that we’re better off going to Chinatown. We parked just outside a pharmacy and proceeded to walk to Ongpin St. most restaurants were closed. Finally, we saw MXT Teahouse. For dimsum, we had chicken mami, siomai, fried dumplings and chuen yuen rectangular fried sticky rice with chives and brown sauce and Chinese mustard). I excused myself to find my favorite fried siopao and there it was two doors up at stall no. 918. They are selling 4 pieces of siopao for 62 pesos.
            The chicken mami was alright not as good as I thought. The fried dumplings were a winner. The chuen yuen was an acquired taste I didn’t like it. It really had a strong Chinese flavor. The siomai according to my friend was just fine. The total bill was 353 pesos which is relatively cheap for two people.
           

No comments: